Saturday, September 22, 2012

How I learned the guitar

Clark and fish at Aird Island - photo, Walter Fortin
I think I was twelve years old when I picked up a guitar. 

Dad, Walter Fortin -- self-portrait
My Dad played a bit and he showed me three chords, and I practiced them for a while, but it was too hard on the fingers. 




I never picked it up again for a long time.





Clark and sister, Gail -- way before the guitar -- photo, Walter Fortin



There was a girl in school that I sure wanted to get to know, but she would not give me hardly a glance. I don't remember if I started to play again to impress her, but I learned an old country song with those three chords. It was called " Irene Goodnight" -- I played it when she was walking by one day and she noticed me a bit. 






My love of music maybe started there. 

GodBless,

Clark

1 comment:

  1. I think my salvation began after Clark's sister gave me back my engagement ring. I was heart broken and heard the pastor say that Jesus would give us anything we asked if we prayed in His name. I really expected an answer and didn't doubt the Word of God for a moment even though I had not yet accepted the Lord as my Savior. I asked Him to give me a wife of His choosing, and within a week I met my wife who had received the Lord many years before. What a wonderful wife the Lord gave me! It wasn't very long before I accepted the Lord and after more than fifty-five years of bliss in a trusting and beautiful marriage I know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord. So I too sing His praises like Clark, and even though I have less talent the Lord still allows me to sing solos in church. I'm still a bit shy but I count it a blessing to use my voice to praise His name so I don't let fear stop me.

    ReplyDelete

Share your salvation story with me. Praise Jesus!